Otter-tail county, Minnesota Courthouse Locator
There are a vast number of courthouses spread across the United States. At the last count, the figure was well over 687. Each state can have many courthouses, each designated to a specific county or geographic area.
CourtRecords.org makes the job of finding a courthouse in your area, quick and easy. Use the search tool to locate the courthouse in the jurisdiction where you need to pick up or file paperwork. You can search by county or state and view a list of results along with detailed address and contact information.
Since there are different types of courts, federal and district/state, the United States divided the court system into thirteen different circuits. Each district covers different parts of the country and specific states.
- District 1 covers the northeast states of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, along with Puerto Rico.
- District 2 includes Vermont, New York, and Connecticut.
- District 3 covers Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
- District 4 houses Washington DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina.
- District 5 includes the lower states of Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- District 6 covers Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
- District 7 includes Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana.
- District 8 covers the midwest with North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas.
- District 9 is located in the far western part of the country covering Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, and California, along with Hawaii.
- District 10 covers Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico.
- District 11 includes Alabama, Georgia and Florida.